Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OK, another couple of days down, three to go. Time for a short explanation of the title of this blog. It reads a little funny, but there is a story to go with it.

This spring I bought a 2003 BMW K1200LT, that's for those of you who may know the difference. After getting it home I spent several days reading all the manuals and any other info on it that I could find. One of the things that struck my funnybone was under the section for setting the shocks for the load, the manual kept talking about "1 up" or "2 up" or "2 up with load", instead of driver and passenger, etc.

Now I know those Germans talk funny, but how else would you ride a motorcyle "1 up with one sideways?" Therefore the title "2up" to alaska.

Anyway, we are down to watching the weather, buying one or two last minute items, and finishing the "honey do" list that needs to be completed before we leave.

I figured out yesterday how to download/upload photos from the camera to the laptop, so one of the days I will post a photo or two before we hit the road. Hopefully, I will be able to post a couple as we progress "gettin' on down the road!"

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment