Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hi! News from the FOTB today, the BOTB says she is too tired to blog..................here's why. We left Missoula, MT at 0545 this morning and drove 360 miles to Billings and stopped for an hour and a half visiting Rod and Jan, my old boss from Sioux City. We had a great visit, we hadn't seen them in person in almost 8 years, but Rod and I talk on a frequent basis.

We left Missoula and then drove another 360 miles to Spearfish, SD, yep, that's a total of 720 miles today. It started out at 46 degrees for the first 140 miles and then slowly warmed up to 70 for the next hour or two. After Billings, it made it up to 96 degrees, and eventually we caught up with a thunderstorm and it cooled off to the upper 70's for the rest of the day.

OK. time for a wildlife checkup (if I don't get this in here, the BOTB will not be happy, this stuff is the highlight of her day!) A herd of elk near Butte, MT, I darn near ran over a momma duck and her chicks, who were trying to cross the road, I think momma duck needed lessons on how to check both ways for traffic before crossing. Don't worry I didn't hit'em. Also, a HUGE mule deer, 3 eagles and over 100 antelope between Sheridan and Gillette, WY.

Last night in Missoula, MT ,I took my blackberry apart, it has not worked in over three weeks. I took the battery out so it would "reset"itself. Needless to say, when I put it back in, it rebooted and then proceeded to vibrate (with incoming messages and e-mails) for the next three minutes, it was HILARIOUS! Needless to say, the e-mail count is up over 150 (not bad actually, much lower than I figured) but I am wondering if my mailbox is full and the rest are just hanging in cyberspace. Oh well, I'll check them next week when I get back.

For the bike guys, I think the BMW is just getting broke in, the gas mileage has steadily improved during the trip. The last two days, running 75 to 80 miles on hour on the open stretches, but slower in the mountains, I have run anywhere from 43 to 49.7 mpg. Not bad!!!!

Ok, that's it, tomorrow we do the final 480 miles home, after the last couple of days it shouldn't be too bad! The best news is, with the limited "one to wear, one to wash" the laundry will not be great once we get home!

Thanks for checking on us, and we promise to sort out the 700 pictures we took, before we bore anyone to death seeing them! Thanks and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment