Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday, July 7

We have reached civilization!!!! I saw a police officer this morning from the ferry. Another shocking discovery - there is such a thing as sunshine! I saw it this morning and it's still out (at least that's what I think that bright thing in the sky is).

The ferry is anchored all day today in Ketchikan - so we left the ferry at 8:30 a.m. and are doing the tourist thing in this town. This is actually a town and not a village. Their brochure actually also wasn't a complete lie - they have stuff here to do - mostly shopping (more jewelry stores than I've ever seen), but also some bigger money items like fishing charters, zip-lining, flight scene tours, etc. So, we headed downtown to shop, but first of all, to find a place to blog. We are in a bar that offers free wi-fi service (hey, you do what you have to do).

So, we'll be doing the tourist thing today. Tomorrow we are on the ferry all day with no stops and no internet or cell phone service. We disembark Friday morning at 8-9 a.m. in Bellingham, Washington, and then start the motorcycle trip home immediately after we get off the ship. So, you won't hear from us until Friday night at the earliest.

The front of the bike says he'll update one of these days when we're in service. We both ask for your prayers on this next phase of the adventure. To be blunt - I am not looking forward to going through Wyoming on motorcycle. I did that once before in my life - it was 103 degrees and 35 mph winds and I literally got heat exhaustion. So, we now know that we have to stop more, drink more water and I'm not sure what else; but, we'll try to do it better this time.

Once more, thanks for checking and thank you for your prayers.

Gayle - BOTB

No comments:

Post a Comment